Chocolate Kale Cookies
Andrea of Brae Maple Farm says, “This is a recipe for one of our most popular cookies at Open Farm Day.” Originally published in our September 8, 2016 Camden Market Newsletter.
3/4 c all-purpose flour
1 1/2 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/3 c applesauce
1/3 c finely chopped kale
1/3 c white sugar
1 tablespoon butter , softened
2 tablespoon dark chocolate chips
1 egg white
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 tablespoon canola oil
1 teaspoon honey
– Preheat oven to 325 degrees
– Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
– Whisk flour, cocoa powder, and baking soda together in bowl.
– Blend applesauce and kale together in a blender until smooth, about 30 seconds.
– Beat sugar, butter, egg white, and vanilla together in a bowl using an electric mixer until smooth and creamy. Stir kale mixture, oil, and honey into butter mixture. Stir in flour mixture until dough is just mixed. Fold in chocolate chips.
– Drop spoonfuls of cookie dough onto prepared baking sheet.
– Bake until edges are slightly hardened, 10 to 12 minutes.